About Us - Home Health Care Dedicated to Restoring Health
Grane Home Health Care prides itself on helping you function at the highest level possible after an illness or injury so you may continue to live comfortably in your own home. We have a low patient-to-nurse ratio, allowing for more care time whenever needed, and we offer a balance of traditional and innovative services for effective, patient-centered home care services.
We Are a Local Home Health Care Company
Family Caring for Family – Grane Home Health Care is locally owned and operated and cares about all of our communities. Grane Home Health Care is making a long-term commitment to maintain the highest level of home nursing and rehabilitative services to meet all of the needs of our patients.
Grane Home Health Care provides:
- Home Health Care Services in Altoona and the surrounding communities
- Home Health Care Services in Pittsburgh and the surrounding communities
- Home Health Care Services in York and the surrounding communities
Our mission is to provide positive rehabilitative care to patients so that they may independently function at the highest level they can achieve.
Our vision is to become the leading provider of home health care. We strive to provide our patients, families, and caregivers with the highest level of satisfaction through our strong clinical outcomes and innovative approach while maintaining our core values of devotion, honesty, dignity, and respect.
Extraordinary Care for Extraordinary Individuals
Grane Home Health Care personnel take pride in providing our communities with specialized care, individually planned with your specific needs in mind. Our goal is to provide not only the finest level of nursing care available but also to make it accessible to you in the comfort of your own home. We at Grane Home Health Care recognize that remaining independent and having a voice in how your health care services are delivered is very important. We have the experience and expertise to guide you through what can be a very difficult time for you and your family.
Getting the help you need should be easy, and we are here to make the transition to home as smooth as possible. Determining a need for nursing is a decision between you and your doctor. With an order from the physician, we will initiate coordination with the insurance company for payment. There are no insurance forms or complicated authorization forms needed.
Start Care of Visit - Home Health Care Nurses and Home Health Care Aides
The RN case manager will contact you and arrange a convenient time with you to begin your services. Your home health care nurse will coordinate all aspects of care, including:
Access to a skilled home health care nurse 24 hours a day/7days a week to assist with teaching you about the care needed for your new or chronic medical condition, wound care, IV infusion, blood draws, medication instruction, and pain management. An explanation of your individualized plan of care will be provided each step of the way.
- Physical therapy to improve your mobility and independence by using treatments such as exercise for range of motion with a focus on safety. If additional equipment, such as walker, wheelchair, grab bars, etc. are identified as a need, we will contact your physician and assist in the ordering process.
- Occupational therapy to help with the activities of daily living, such as eating and bathing, using training and assistive devices, and energy conservation.
- Support care services, such as highly-trained staff members, including social workers, behavioral health nurses, chaplain services, and grief specialists, all dedicated to improving your quality of life.
- In the event of an emergency, our care center relays critical information to first responders, connecting you to your health care agency, physician, family, a friend, or to 911.
- A home health aide to help with personal care and activities of daily living when skilled services are also provided.
- Speech therapy to work with you if you require speech, language, communication, and swallowing training following a stroke, surgery, or other condition.
All of these services are made possible through continual collaboration with your primary care physician. Grane Home Health Care believes strongly in a holistic atmosphere where you are able to be an active participant on your own health team with the goal being to return you to the most active lifestyle possible. Our compassionate care is provided wherever you call home. This could include a private residence, assisted living facility, or a personal care home.